**Publication and Web Designer \\(Entry Level\\)**
Join MITRE as a Publication and Web Designer to assist in producing online publications for the nation's only cybersecurity\\-focused federally funded research and development center \\(FFRDC\\)\\. This FFRDC supports the National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence \\(NCCoE\\) in furthering the adoption of cybersecurity solutions across industry and key infrastructure sectors\\.
Be on the cutting edge of enhancing cybersecurity and protecting national information systems\\. Join a collaborative communications team to assist in the design of the NCCoE's website and its online publication library\\. This position is designed for a recent college graduate looking to dive right in to an immersive experience, producing excellent work while learning new skills every day\\.
The NCCoE is located in Rockville, Maryland\\. You will assist in maintaining and developing the NCCoE website and participate in quality assurance and control by creating web and PDF versions and formatting Word documents\\. This role requires excellent time management, technical savvy, attention to detail, organization, and the ability to prioritize in a fast\\-paced and demanding environment\\.
* Web design: Use HTML, Markdown, and CSS to create maintain, design, and develop pages on the NCCoE Drupal website\\.
* Static site creation: Publish online guides following established process: use Markdown and ReStructured Text \\(RST\\) syntax for formatting documents in plaintext \\(similar to LaTeX\\); use Gitlab version control to track changes and issues in web versions of documents; work inside the Sphinx documentation framework to generate high\\-quality, responsive web publications; and post final documents to the public website in Drupal\\.
* Content Management: Post new publications, announcements, and updates to the NCCoE website\\. Able to provide forward thinking suggested improvements to overall website architecture\\.
* Publication formatting: Review and correct Word document formatting to match the NCCoE's style guide and template\\. Advise authors on best use of styles and techniques to create efficiencies in existing process\\.
* PDF creation: Export Word files to PDF and conduct a quality\\-control check to ensure that styles and functionality transferred correctly and are consistent across publications\\.
* Innovate and transform projects: Research new communication tools and processes to amplify communication and increase efficiencies\\. Offer suggestions and lead efforts to improve website and publication design and user experience\\. Assist in in developing new ideas to help the NCCoE address today's most pressing and complex cybersecurity challenges\\.
* Other duties as assigned: Manage the online publication library and stock photo collection, update provided website content, and generate website analytics\\.
* Bachelor's degree in Web Design or related field
* Skilled in the use of HTML and CSS
* Basic web design
* Content management
* Expert\\-level knowledge of Microsoft Word and experience in formatting templates
* Able to juggle multiple priorities and adapt to changing requirements and evolving needs
* Outstanding time management and organizational skills
* Excellent attention to detail
* Excel at working both independently and as part of a team
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact comfortably with employees at all levels in an engineering environment
* Ability to analyze a problem or process and suggest improvements
* Willingness/ability to learn new technologies
Preferred qualifications or willingness to learn:
* Familiar with command line tools
* Git version control
* Drupal Content Management System
* Familiar with RST/Markdown
* Fundamentals of design imaging
* Familiarity with web analytics
Security clearance not required
**Job** Business Strat,Process&Chg Mgt
**Primary Location** United States\\-Maryland\\-Gaithersburg
**This requisition requires a clearance of** None
**Travel** Yes, 10 % of the Time
**Job Posting** Mar 11, 2019, 12:20:27 PM
**Req ID:** 00052792
MITRE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. MITRE recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual identity, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status.