Do you enjoy rapid analytic prototype development? Are you an analyst that wants to work directly with a computer network defense (CND) mission? If so, then we have an opportunity that you may be interested in. We have an opening for a rapid CND analytic prototype developer in the Columbia, MD area. These are critical times in the world of cyber security and Parsons need your help to make the world a safer and more secure place-one computer at a time.
We're looking for someone to work directly in an operations organization on a innovation-focused development team helping to ensure our customers' world-class CND analytics stay ahead of the curve. You'll work directly with mission leads and analysts on various mission, including generating and contributing your own innovative ideas, to revolutionize the analysis capabilities of our customers.
AN ACTIVE TOP SECRET/SCI + POLY REQUIRED
- 4+ years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, including at least four years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers
- At least one year of the experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field (can be used in lieu of 4 years of general experience)
- Knowledge of XML structure, XML parsers, SQL and Perl
- Applied knowledge of development skills in Java threading/thread pooling, RMI, character set encoding, swing, JDBC, JMS, J2EE, Enterprise Java Beans, Web Logic, Servlets, and JSP
- Demonstrated verbal and written communications skills
- Experience with writing Splunk queries, developing dashboards, and Splunk add-ons
- Familiar with data modeling and normalization
- Comfortable with interacting directly with mission customers
- Ability to work very independently and are self-motivated
- Ability to do any technical tasks (other than programming, i.e. OS) to get the job done
- Willingness to learn new things as needed
- Willingness to work in a dynamic mission-oriented environment
Ready for action? We're looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don't hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of technical services. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons Referral Plan
Maybe this opportunity isn't the right fit for you, but you know someone who is? Why not join our Parsons external referral program? When you refer other top professionals and they are hired, you are rewarded with an incredible financial incentive. Help us find top talent!
Associated topics: .net, algorithm, backend, c#, java, programming, python, sdet, software development engineer, software engineer