Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Senior Enterprise Application Architect, Oracle Hospitality Group
LOCATION: COLUMBIA, MD
NOTE: We are unable to provide visa sponsorship for this role at this time - no candidates requiring visa sponsorship will be considered.
Oracle Hospitality revolutionizes the Hospitality Industry by elevating the guest experience in businesses worldwide. We deliver a wide range of software, hardware, and related services to over 180 countries across the globe, along with a rapidly growing portfolio of cloud solutions. If you are interested in working with an industry leader and innovator, with the opportunity to become a leader in architecture and design then this is the opportunity for you!
Oracle is committed to delivering high quality products. We are looking for a skilled Senior Enterprise Application Architect to participate in every aspect of application and software design. The Senior Enterprise Application Architect will work together with Development, Testing, and Cloud teams to deliver a performant, robust, and reliable product. The ideal candidate will have a software development/design background and experience with Java.
In this role you will act as:
Architecture/Design team member working with individual scrum teams and the architecture team. You will be responsible for design and reviews across a large product suite, working with corporate and internal teams to meet design standards. The candidate is expected to bring in strong expertise in the design, development and deployment of enterprise-level N-tier cloud based application architecture.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
* You will contribute to all levels of application design, and maintain design documentation.
* You will provide engineering designs for new software solutions to meet strategic requirements.
* You will work with individual development teams to contribute to and review designs and communicate these to the architecture team.
* You will work closely with Corporate and Cloud Architecture to design software for Oracle Cloud.
* You will be responsible for the evaluation of new technologies, tools, and/or development techniques.
* You will maintain development standards, policies, and procedures.
* You will perform on-going code review to improve performance and cost.
* You will work with development teams to ensure software is developed according to design.
We are looking for someone with a minimum of 10 years of Java software development experience, and demonstrated experience in developing and delivering enterprise scale 3-tier applications. This includes an understanding of microservices architecture, multi tenancy in the application and data tier, and experience collecting and working with large volumes of data.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
* Experience with cloud software design.
* Experience with multi tenanted applications.
* Experience with Enterprise Cloud Software environments.
* Experience with large scale RDBMS data storage
* BS in Computer Science or similar technical field.
* 10 years proven work experience in Software Engineering and Application Development.
* Strong communication, writing and presentation skills.
* Experience with legacy transformation to modern architecture
* Knowledge of web development & middleware integration.
* Experience with large scale micro services architecture on a major cloud platform
* Experience with any one of the Cloud platforms (Oracle Public Cloud, AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
Associated topics: .net, application developer, architecture, design, develop, expert, java, perl, php, senior software engineer