Database Administrator for Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) for support.
Database Administrator for an operating unit, responsible for ensuring the integrity of all the databases within the system. The Database Administrator maintains the internal database of the system as well as the individual applications. The Database Administrator works closely with the System Administrator to carry out and sustain system-wide backups and restores. The Database Administrator will provide maintenance of databases to include the following: backups, disaster recovery, database support (status checks, Oracle critical patch updates).
Performs Database technical duties to include general backups, restore, updates, testing, debugging, integration and analysis. The specific duties include performing data transfers between operating units and other systems (internal and external), providing user access to data, keeping servers operational, configuring assets to support user needs, troubleshooting assets. Monitors test progress, corrective actions, hardware/software baseline status, testing patches and an overall status of the system. Also, this candidate will serve as the point of contact to for the JSF Squadron discussion during the flight and evaluation activities.
1) Strong systems & software engineering and/or database administration process background
2) Prior Database Administration and/or Database Development experience
3) Good communication & verbal skills
4) Self starter & be able to multi-task
5) Familiar with COTS/developed Software (Oracle, SQL and/or Siebel)
6) Must hold an active DoD Secret clearance and be able to obtain and hold Special Access Program (SAP) clearances
7) Must be willing to work off hours depending on operational needs.
8) Occasional travel to support off-site software installation and upgrades may be required.
Associated topics: data analyst, data center, data engineer, data quality, data warehouse, data warehousing, etl, hbase, sql, teradata