About Asahi Kasei Bioprocess America, Inc.
As part of the Asahi Kasei group (2015 revenue of $20 billion) in Japan, Asahi Kasei Bioprocess America has significant financial depth and benefits from a commitment by the parent company to both the US and biopharmaceutical markets. We are a small team (60+) of professionals excited about what we do and our ability to impact healthcare delivery systems world-wide. We offer a competitive compensation package, including base and bonus, a \"big-company\" benefits package and a \"small-company\" culture and work environment. Every employee at Asahi Kasei Bioprocess America can impact our future.
As an AKBA employee, you will enjoy:
* Competitive compensation including participation in AKBA's bonus program
* Great health and wellness benefits with the company paying over 80% of the premium.
* Paid time off.
* Strong company match to 401(k) contributions.
* Tuition reimbursement program.
Currently we are looking to recruit and hire a Field Application Specialist, based in the Washington DC area, to support filtration trials and viral clearance studies at customer sites and contract laboratory facilities. The Field Application Specialist supports the sales staff by addressing technical inquiries and ensuring equipment is operational and up to date. As the Field Application Specialist you will be part of the Applications Development group working very closely with the Sales, and Research & Development departments.
* Address technical inquiries from Sales Managers
* Conduct validation studies at customer site and at contract research organizations (CRO) as requested
* Conduct customer product evaluations with sales members as needed
* Assist with scheduled calibration of equipment
* Actively participate in resolving technical issues impacting our customers.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
* BS in Life Sciences
* 2+ years lab experience (in an academic or professional environment)
* Sterile technique experience
* Experience with nano-filtration or other protein purification is a plus
* Strong verbal and communications skills
Associated topics: client, counterperson, crm, ctm, customer, entry level sales, international, level sales, marketing manager, salesperson