Arch Systems currently has an opening for a Senior NIST Assessment and Authorization Assessor Lead. The position will lead a team of security assessors, responsible for assuring the implementation of the Centers of Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) security controls for all systems.
- Manage a program assessment from initiation to final reporting.
- Prepare required assessment documentation.
- Lead a team of assessors to fully, and accurately evaluate a system's security posture.
- Assist in process improvement and automation for the assessment methodology.
- Conduct technical evaluation of information system design, focusing on information security aspects and accreditation according to the NIST Risk Management Framework.
- Utilize various information system inspection tools to audit systems, analyze potential vulnerabilities and identify mitigation approaches.
- Review program documentation such as Risk Assessments, Security Plans, and Contingency Plans.
- Conduct periodic assessments of contractor facilities, as needed, to ensure compliance with security requirements tailoring requirements, as needed.
- Create and submit deliverables accurately and on time.
- Other project support, as needed.
Minimum Qualifications: (Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job)
- 5+ years exp with Federal Accreditation testing, a degree may be substituted for some years of experience.
- Understanding of the operation of relational and noSQL data base systems (Oracle, My SQL, MapReduce, etc.).
- Understanding of mainframe systems (RACF, Z/OS, Z/VM, Connect:Direct, storage, etc.).
- Understanding of Unix/Linux, Windows systems.
- Understanding of PaaS, IaaS, SaaS (AWS, Azure, Salesforce).
- Understanding of network-based protection systems.
- Understanding of information management and protection systems (AV, Patch management, etc.).
- Understanding of system privacy controls.
- CISSP, HCISPP, CISA, or equivalent certifications.
- Understanding of System Security design (3-zone, proxies, etc.).
- Understanding of application development methods (Dev/Ops specifically).
- Understanding of systems hardening methods and standards (GPOs, STIGS, etc.).
- Candidate must be a great communicator (both written and verbal) and be able to work with a group as well as independently.
- Must be available/able to travel up to 25%.
- Experience in team oversight.
- Experience in Federal security certification and accreditation.
- Expertise in NIST 800-53 policies and implementation.
- Experience with program security and information systems security best practices.
- Ideal candidate will be self-motivated, a team player, organized, and detail oriented.
Desired Qualifications: (desired experience, education, and training)
- Experience with HIPAA and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS).
- Familiarity with applicable HHS and CMS policies, procedures and operating instructions related to program security, information assurance and information management.
About Arch Systems:
Arch Systems is an established, high growth IT-services Company serving many of the major U.S. government agencies. Our professionals passionately conceive, analyze, develop, and implement optimal solutions for your most challenging business and technology needs. Arch is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Associated topics: bandwidth, cellular, cisco, computer system, cyber, c++, network layout, nosql, patch, topology